----- "Lukas Renggli" <reng...@gmail.com> wrote:

| > Perhaps Gofer can be provided with a secondary repository location
| in the case when the primary repository fails.
|
| Yes, it can. You just specify multiple repositories and it will use
| them all. If you tell Gofer to #disableRepositoryErrors then it will
| silently ignore repositories that are not available.

Lukas,

The only thing that worries about including such repository all of the time, is
the cost of building the cache of repository when resolving repositories ...
the secondary repository would get pretty large over time and most of the time
(only in the case of errors) would it need to be scanned.

I suppose Metacello could handle load errors in the code that calls Gofer and
do a retry using the secondary repository...the secondary repository _could_ be
specified as part of the configuration, so this probably isn't a bad idea...

Thanks,

Dale