Hi guys

Some good news :)
INRIA-lille nord Europe ranked Pharo among the top 3 projects that will receive
support for a full time confirmed engineer.
We will know if the national level or the lab will carry the cost by mid april,
but for now the position is allocated to Pharo.

This is not the official job announce but just to give some hints and that you
can prepare yourself to
        - move to France (one hour from paris, 1h30 from London, 35 min from
Brussels)
        - try a lot of good beers (belgium :)
        - eat french food
        - have fun with us - yes we are even fun - ok with geeky humor :)
        - code all the day in Smalltalk and a bit of C

Apparently from what the DHR services told me, the salary will depend on years
of expertise and diplomas but
we can think that 2700 Euros (before final taxes) should be a good working
number -- In France the employer pays already taxes so the salary is not brutto
but already includes deduction. The social insurance is included and you may
want to pay an extra like me (100 Euros) to have a better health insurance.
Lille is an active city but not expensive. To give an idea Marcus got a nice
sunny close to everything flat with wooden floor for 650 Euros.

The job will to continue making Pharo (core) better
        - better tools
        - better network support
        - helping with the new compiler
        - helping with alien and others
        - cleaning/shrinking

Duration: 30 months
Starting date: October 2010
Location: Lille (no remote job possible)

Do not hesitate to contact us.

Stef/Marcus

------------------------
Dr. Stéphane Ducasse -- Directeur de Recherche (Senior Researcher)
INRIA - USTL - CNRS UMR 8022
stephane.duca...@inria.fr
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr
http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/
**NEW ***Tel 00 33 (0)3 20 43 42 56  - Fax 33 3 59 57 78 50

40, avenue Halley, Parc Scientifique de la Haute Borne,
Bât.A, Park Plaza, Villeneuve d'Ascq,  FR-59650, France.

 "if you knew today was your last day on earth, what would you
 do different? ...  especially if,  by doing something different,
 today might not be your last day on earth" Calvin&Hobbes