On Sat, 20 Mar 2010, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

On Mar 20, 2010, at 11:00 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:

This is a very minor change, but to me as important as having class
comments, 'at last classified' categories etc...

I imagine and for me I spent time looking at your squeak changes just for
exactly the same reason.

My rationale is :
1) #nextPut: #nextPutAll: are just like #add: #addAll:
2) that's how they historically behave
3) it's good to have homogeneity in the system

yes but you did not reply to my question
GS, VA, VW, GNU?
Because before jumping to follow you I  hold down my horses for once :)

Even WriteStream >> #nextPut: returns the argument (both primitive and non primitive version), so these changes give image-wide consistency.

Levente