> during the integration I was thinking that we kept the complete ancestry.
> I thought that since we merge all the times, the ancestry is kept.
> My idea is that after just taking Pharo would be enough to merge.

Can you elaborate? I don't understand the last sentence.

> Now this is not the case: if I look at Polymorph-Widgets for example I have
> holes and this is probably due to a load versus a merge.

There is not much of a difference between the two:

- When loading the working copy has the loaded version as an single ancestor.

- When merging the working copy has the previously loaded version and
the merged version as an ancestor.

In either case there is never a hole. Each version stores the complete
ancestry tree it knows, that is the filename and uuid of each version.
The problem you run into is that you delete and move version files. If
Monticello cannot find the files that it refers to in its ancestry you
cannot merge automatically. That's why repositories should strictly be
read-only.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli