Tudor Girba wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to integrate a Pharo image into a continuous integration system through the command line. For that I need to spawn the image, do something, save and quit.

The problem is that on Mac (using 4.2.2beta1U), when I open the resulting image I get a very tiny window instead of the original size.

This has been bothering me for a long time, and Lukas' recent thread on "Change Window Size" pushed me to take a look at it. I found out, just like you, that just the save-and-quit would result in the tiny window.

The command below reveals the problem (save-and-quite-image.st is attached):

/Applications/Squeak4.2.2beta1U/Squeak\ 4.2.2beta1U.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak\ VM\ Opt -headless Pharo-1.0.image THE_PATH/save-and-quit-image.st

Could anyone advise me how to proceed to get around this problem?

Since you're on a Mac, could you add a final fix-up step that runs the vm without the "-headless" option, sets the window size, then runs save-and-quit.

I added:

    HostWindowProxy basicNew primitiveWindowSize: 1 x: 1024 y: 786.

before the save and quit code. I used another build.sh script that skipped the "-headless" option, and ran the script. As expected, the Pharo window popped up briefly. In the end, I finally have an image that opens up with a reasonable size.

--
Yanni