On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Tim Mackinnon <tamackin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Mariano - I see that you have been working on Algernon - I haven't use
> Pharo that much (not Squeak to be honest - but I remember trying one of
> Damien's dev images that had Algernon and I thought it was pretty cool, and
> quite helpful for getting up to speed with Pharo).

Me too. That's why I suggested to include it again in PharoDev 1.1 when this
is done.

> Anyway - I am not sure how to get it running? Do I need a 1.1 image

- or will it work in 1.0?

I don't know 1.1. For the moment I use 1.0

> Do I load the ConfigurationOfAlgernon - and then should it work?

yes, try:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfAlgernon';
    load.

((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAlgernon) project version: '0.9.1') load

does it work ?

> When I do this - Shift-Return doesn't work (nor control-space). If I browse
> monticello for just Algnernon, I see there is a later version of Algernon,
> but if I load that I seem to get a walkback  about a hand not understanding
> something.
>
> Do you have any tips to get me going? And is it possible to update the
> Squeaksource text to help newbies like me get going?

At some point, the welcome workspace was opened once after installing it. I
don't know why it dissapear. Should we put it again ?  Evaliuate 'Algernon
openWelcomeWorkspace'

Cheers

mariano