From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[mailto:pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] On Behalf Of Andrei
Stebakov
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 11:31 AM
To: pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: [Pharo-project] Packages management

I am a little confused reading Pharo by example...
>From what I understand we can create a package in the Class Browser and this
>package will automatically appear in the Monticello Browser.
In the tutorial they ask you to create a package (with the same name
PBE-LightsOut) in the Monticello Browser.
I guess they do it on the assumption that you've just "filed in" the *.st files
with the LOGame so Monticello will figure out that those imported classes were
unpackaged and put them in the package (I assume) based on the category
specified in the class definitions (correct me if I am wrong).

What's the scenario when we need to create a package from Monticello (I think
most of the time we do it from class browser or import a new repository which
will create package names automatically)?
Can the name of the package created in Monticello collide with the existing
package or it'll be merged with the existing package based on the category?