This one is little bit fixed, (request a list with 1 image, instead of 8)
and delay 1 minute after error.

[

        [[
                | rx str url form |
                str := (HTTPSocket httpGet:
'http://www.socwall.com/browse/index.php?wpLimit=1&wpSortby=8')
contents.
                rx := '.*(http\://.+tb_.+\.jpg).*' asRegex.
                url := (rx matches: str)
                        ifTrue: [
                                str := (rx subexpression: 2)
                                copyWithRegex: 'tb_' matchesReplacedWith: '' ]
                        ifFalse: [ nil ].
                form := nil.
                url ifNotNil: [
                        form := ImageReadWriter formFromStream: (HTTPSocket
httpGet: url).
                        World backgroundImage: form layout: #scaled
                ].

        ] on: Error do: [:ex| ].
                1 minute asDelay wait.
         ] repeat.

] newProcess name: 'Random background changer'; priority: Processor
userBackgroundPriority; resume

Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.