Taking about more future oriented stuff, I think it would be nice to have good
support for document DBs (like CouchDB and MongoDB) and key/value stores (like
Redis). At least for the former category of DBs, I know that a few people have
been working on DB clients (see squeaksource.com) but I don't know how complete
and stable they are.

Adrian