Hi Doru,

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 1:51 PM, Tudor Girba <tudor.gi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Eliot.
>
> Indeed this allowed me to connect, but now I have problems executing even
> simple queries. For example, when executing the following code, the
> sqlAllocStmtConnection:statement: fails saying  "Could not coerce
> arguments":
>
> connection := ODBCConnection dsn: 'Test' user: '' password: ''.
> connection query: 'select * from TABLE'
>
> Am I doing something wrong, or is it something else?

difficult to know.  I was using ODBC & mysql to test the threaded VM late
last year but I haven't ported this to Snow Leopard.  Anyway, I used Apple's
ODBC tools and the mysql tools to check the database was setup correctly
before I used the ODBCConnect code.  Apple's recently released their ODBC
tools for SNow Leopard
http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10330516-263.html.  So I recommend
using the relevant tools to check the DB is configured correctly before you
try and debug ODBCConnect.

cheers,
Eliot