I don't think Eliot changed that, he only changed Integer>>hex...
It seems that every implementation of hex did avoid to print the radix in
Squeak 3.10. Was it intentional ?

Anyway, it will be hard to reach homogeneity because:
  Integer>>hex should print the radix for VMMaker compatibility
  ByteArray>>hex shouldn't for cypto compatibility

Nicolas