Hi,

On 25 Jul 2010, at 17:32, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jul 2010, Tudor Girba wrote:

Hi,

I have been using the Cog VM exclusively for several months now, and from

Did you get a VM from Teleplace before it was open sourced?

No. I directly got the sources from SVN and compile them for Mac. Is there an official Cog VM compiled for Mac?

time to time it crashes on me without leaving any trace in debug log.

One frequent cause for the crash that I noticed is dealing with Monticello (both reading and writing). Does anyone experience similar things? Am I doing something wrong?

IIRC this issue was fixed in VMMaker-oscog.17.

I am not sure what this means :).

The image I got is based on the sources from 27.06.2010.

You may be missing some image-side changes. The CogVM was open sourced on 20.06.2010.

Actually, where should I get the complete image-side changes from? I have those prepared by Lukas a while ago.

Cheers,
Doru

Levente

Perhaps a more general idea: given that this VM brings an important improvement, do we want to have a more concerted effort to beta- test it?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"It's not how it is, it is how we see it."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Not knowing how to do something is not an argument for how it cannot be done."