Alex

I integrated your changes but I tried to understand the logic behind

event := anAnnouncementClass isBehavior
                                ifTrue: [ anAnnouncementClass new ]
                                ifFalse: [  anAnnouncementClass ].

Why anAnnouncementClass would not be a class?

announce: anAnnouncementClass withResult: result
        | event |
        self shouldAnnounce ifFalse: [ ^ self ].

        event := anAnnouncementClass isBehavior
                                ifTrue: [ anAnnouncementClass new ]
                                ifFalse: [  anAnnouncementClass ].
        event testCase: self.