That's a great explanation - that clears up a number of things for me - I appreciate that.

Tim

On 4 Aug 2010, at 17:53, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 2:09 AM, Tim Mackinnon <tamackin...@gmail.com> wrote: Am I missing something here - in a fresh 1.1 one click image if I do: ConfigurationOfOCompletion project latestVersion load

The problem is the following:

latestVersion answer the latest version BUT not the ones that are blassed as #development, #broken, etc.

See the method #excludeFromLatestVersion

The latest (and working) version of Ocompletion is in version 1.1.2, which is blassed as #development. Thus, you are probably loading 1.1.1 (last one released). I like to let versions in development for a while, to detect bugs. And then, blasse those versions as release.

So...if you want to load 1.1.2 explicitly, you can just do:

(ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1.1') load

Or

ConfigurationOfOCompletion project lastVersion load

lastVersion doesn't exclude the cases I told you.

Finally, you can always load a baseline. As baselines only have structural inormation, and you are not telling Metacello wich version to load for each package, it will load all the latests version. Thus, if you want to load the very latest versions of all packages, load a baseline. For example:

(ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1-baseline') load

Cheers

Mariano

I get an endless stream of errors:

The method Boolean and:and: has been deprecated.
use and:

Select Proceed to continue, or close this window to cancel the operation.???????