Here is the piece of code that's behaving weird

TextEditor>>dispatchOn:

char := aKeyboardEvent keyCharacter.
     openers := '([{'.
    closers := ')]}'.
       ( closers includes: char) ifTrue: [ self blinkPrevParen: char ].
       result := self normalCharacter: aKeyboardEvent.
       (self class autoEnclose and: [ openers includes: char ])  not ifTrue:
[ ^ result  ].
    suffix := closers at: (openers indexOf: char).
    paragraph text append: suffix asString.
      self moveCursor: [ : position | position  ] forward: true
specialBlock: [ : pos | "no special behavior" ] event: aKeyboardEvent .
    self userHasEdited.

So, if I evaluate "TextEditor autoEnclose: false", it is stops behaving like
that :)

What should be the desired behavior?  Having it configurable as it is today
but fix the strange bracket adding? remove this behavior?
I can't find now how ParagraphEditor did this.

Guille

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:34 PM, Guillermo Polito <guillermopol...@gmail.com