On 11 October 2010 16:59, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bsch...@anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
> I'm glad to see that it works like class names (at least effectively) as
> messages to environments than a clone of Java syntax that I saw elsewhere.
> On the completely pragmatic level, it will make more obvious the fact that
> our browser selection panes are not individually sizable.   I find them
> narrow at times now, and adding another column will squeeze even more.  Maybe
> I find them narrow specifically because I use long class names that would not
> be necessary if we had namespaces :)

Yep. Fixing UI could be seen as a separate problem.
But since traditionally, smalltalk seen as a language AND environment,
so in order to use it, we should do the both,
otherwise nobody will use it.

P.S. i like the design of Environments. Its not intrusive (no syntax
changes), and coexists peacefully with existing code.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.