2010/10/11 Levente Uzonyi <le...@elte.hu>:
> On Mon, 11 Oct 2010, Lukas Renggli wrote:
>
>>> Object>>value
>>>        ^self
>>>
>>> What actually shown here is a use of duck typing, because any object,
>>> which implemets #value, could be safely passed
>>> as argument to #ifTrue:ifFalse: message.
>>> It is well consistent with language design.
>>
>> Magritte implemented Symbol>>#value: for a while before any Smalltalk
>> had this is their standard library. I must admit that I liked it in
>> the beginning, but in the long run I realized that ...
>>
>> 1. It is not easily understandable for newbies.
>
> That's true.

Well, it depends.
Very newbies can understand it because they trust the words. My son did.
More advanced newbies can wonder how the hell this could work
eventually, because they can differentiate a regular message and a
literal #symbol.

It's true that writing code is another matter. Why and when to use a
block a message or a Symbol ?
Maybe a newbie could be tempted to write:

x > 1 and: #even.

which currently does not work.