On Wed, 10 Nov 2010, Stefan Marr wrote:

Hi all:

From your experience, what are the important VM plugins to gain a snappy and
responsive Pharo image.

Stef mentioned the Font plugin, but will this improve the user experience or is
it just nice to have to support different kinds of fonts?

The reason for my question is the 'performance hit' I have to take with the
RoarVM for the moment.

I doubt any plugin changes the performance of #tinyBenchmarks. But the following plugins make a huge difference in other benchmarks and GUI performance:
- MiscPrimitivePlugin
- LargeIntegers
- FloatMathPlugin
- FloatArrayPlugin
- Matrix2x3Plugin
- B2DPlugin

Levente

So, if there are things typically done in plugins which now running in
Smalltalk on the RoarVM, then I guess I could benefit by including those
plugins.

Thanks
Stefan

--