One item on the list that is missing, in my opinion, is a "Package management
system". With Metacello we have the underlying infrastructure but what we lack
is a process, the supporting tools, and building of a community around
contributing and managing external packages. Today it's hard to find whether
somebody already did what one needs, and its hard to install others work
because dependencies and general information about a package is missing.

Adrian

BTW, for an example of a simple catalogue see http://pypi.python.org/pypi and
this page for a package description: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/mcs/0.3.3