No, Gofer doesn't look in repositories you don't specify. However, it
uses and prefers your local package-cache if it contains a newer
version of your package (which is likely the case in your example).
You can disable the package-cache by sending something like
#disablePackageCache to your Gofer instance (I don't have an image at
hand right now, but you find it in the code and documentation).

Gofer is part of Pharo and not maintained in my repository anymore.
This #update method should be removed it is not supposed to work
anymore.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli