On 4 February 2011 14:21, Dale Henrichs <dhenr...@vmware.com> wrote:
> Igor,
>
> I don't have a PharoCore1.3....what's the name of the mcz file that is being
> written?
>
> I would guess that monticello is trying to make a copy of the file in the
> package-cache when there is already an existing copy ...
>
> Do you happen to be using the package-cache as your source repository?

We tracked down this bug.

It is related to retrieving entries of directory on linux.

For some unknown reason  'self allFileNames' in:

MCCacheRepository>>basicStoreVersion: aVersion
        (aVersion isCacheable and: [self allFileNames includes: aVersion
fileName])
                ifFalse: [super basicStoreVersion: aVersion]

answers an empty collection.
And all it does is just queries the package-cache dir for its entries.
What is strange that after i evaluated the
(FileDirectory default / 'package-cache' )entries

and then re-evaluated same thing in method above, it worked, and
retrieved the entries for package-cache dir.

The VM i using is:

Smalltalk vmVersion
'Squeak4.1 of 17 April 2010 [latest update: #9957]'

(half hour later)
i suspected that this is because i mounted mac-os host system
directory in my linux virtual machine filesystem,
and there is something not ok with.

After moving image to 'linux' server file system dir, everything works ok...

So, it appears that the bug in virtualbox filesystem :))
Sorry for false alarm :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.