Yes, if you want ith decimalDigit of integer n, 1 being least
significant digit, then you shall write the division with a method
like:

decimalDigitOfRank: i
    "Answer the ith decimal digit, i=1 being the least significant digit"

    ^self // (10 raisedTo: i - 1) \\ 10

However, the awfull method you proposed might be faster if your
intention is to scan all digits on very large numbers, because
printString is optimized.

Nicolas