Nice vision. I want it now  :)
I think smalltalk is the best choice for that - you know better than me of course However to make a living with it, it has to interface with other IT systems and standards, so that developers can make an sell a part of the system. Pharo has seaside-web on one end but may be something is missing with relational databases. They are today the heart of business information systems (I have to try dbx and glorp , odbc is not usable because of locks) Side note, I often wondered myself why object databases didn't catch? Technical issues? Marketing?

Btw, pharo has taken a good direction. Nice work. I'll try and see if I can help in this field (databases) which is one of my skill

Cheers
Alain

--
Alain_rastoul