> Haha.. i have strong suspicion that here you are talking about quite
> specific set of libraries,
> which using OLE/COM interfaces. Indeed, one could implement an
> automatic "import/connect" tool
> for it, because a library itself contain enough information reflecting
> it interface(s).
> You can check Dolphin smalltalk which works only on windows and has
> integrated solution for that for years:
> In same way like you described, you just pick the library, click "ok"
> and its done & ready for use.

True, I was just ready to write the same thing about Dolphin and works
very well, transforming
OLE objects in Smalltalk objects with their respective methods. But
allways you need to know
what to do with such objects and methods.

And is very dependent of the operating system and the underlying technology.

I think that the cooperation with the outside world is needed, but I
will not miss the advantages of
work in Smalltalk, lot of times is more cheap to develop the needed
stuff in Smalltalk than a
complex artifact to interact with another technology.

Cheers.
Germán.