Hi Bill,

Thanks for your help.
For now, I'm just trying to compile my own vm to learn.
to me, the stderr message
"ioLoadModule(libFT2Plugin.so):
libFT2Plugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" means that the external libFT2Plugin.so fails while trying to load a library.
I guess, it is the libfreetype.so which is in /usr/lib, a standard location.

To find out what is the problem, I've tried to compile the ft2plugin as an internal one. I've succeed in compiling it after a method addition in the plugin (FT2Plugin>>#bytesPerWord) and
with the adding of -lfreetype for the final linking of cogVM.
I've manually added it, I mean in the linux console.
so, first step, I have a vm, compiled by myself and with a functional FT2Plugin, yes!!! cool.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to automatically add "-lfreetype" for the linking invocation.
lost in the plugin/cmake infrastructure jungle .... :)

as a second step, I will come back to the compiling of FT2Plugin as an external plugin.

Cheers
Alain