Hi. I am happy to announce the new release version 1.5. At the end of this
message is the list of changes.

Fuel is a binary serialization system for Smalltalk that provides extremely
fast deserialization. More information on our home
page<http://rmod.lille.inria.fr/web/pier/software/Fuel>
. In next days we will update it. We have much more to show especially in
benchmarks section. We have many ideas and new
issues<http://code.google.com/p/fuel/issues/list>to keep working on
Fuel.

You can download this version in Pharo with:

Gofer new
        squeaksource: 'Fuel';
        package: 'ConfigurationOfFuel';
        load.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfFuel) project version: '1.5') load.

Again, I have to thank ESUG for sponsoring me for Fuel development through
the SummerTalk program.

Changes:

- Initialize instances after materialization implementing
#fuelAfterMaterialization.
- Ignore transient instance variables overriding
#fuelIgnoredInstanceVariableNames.
- Limit serialization progress bar to update at most once every 250
milliseconds.
- Traits are serialized and materialized as a regular objects (
http://code.google.com/p/fuel/issues/detail?id=59).
- Removed mappers system cache (Eliot).
- Many new tests.
- Benchmarks: compare Fuel against StOMP, SRP, SIXX, Magma, EsAndEm and Fuel
with progress bar.
- Benchmarks: new samples, scripts, and CSV exporter.
- Benchmarks: measure serialization stream size.
- Removed some redundant #fuelAccept:.
- Several aesthetic changes in protocols, categories and comments.
- Now #materialize answers the materialized root.
- Removed special cluster for HashedCollection.Now #rehash is sended via
#fuelAfterMaterialization.
- MethodContext serialization does not serialize temps (
http://code.google.com/p/fuel/issues/detail?id=61).
- Classes and Traits now serialize its environment
(testCreateWithSmalltalkGlobalsEnvironment).
- Fixed serialization of non-octet characters (testCharacter).
- Fixed a bug serializing the system dictionary. FLWellKnownObjectsCluster
handles it. (testSmalltalkGlobals).
- Fixed a bug serializing class variables (testClassVariable).
- Fixed a bug when serializing a collection with size greater than 1^16 with
repeated elements inside.
- Fixed testTwoCompiledMethodsReferencingSameClassVariable.
- Optimization: instanceIndexes are directly created with the exact size
(Henrik).