For me,

   SmalltalkImage current vmStatisticsReportString

...works best. If you run this twice, the second time it prints the diff
compared to the previous run.

So if you print the following three lines

   SmalltalkImage current vmStatisticsReportString.
   self runSomeCode.
   SmalltalkImage current vmStatisticsReportString

you'll get the number and time of full and incremental GC cycles while running
your code (of course there may have been other processes active in between
which may affect the results). It's also a good idea to force a full GC before.

Adrian