On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 11:32 AM, Stéphane Ducasse <
stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:

> Indeed this is fun I was doing the same :)
> Now I do not understand why some parts of the system uses dataStream,
> others ReferenceStream and finally others SmartRefStream
> why not all of them use SmartRefStream.

It is not that I like these guys, but their class comments are pretty
clear:
- DataStream does NOT handle cycles, but hence it may be faster in certain
scenarios. I guess that for example, Monticello is sure that in its
definitions, there cannot be cycles.  In addition, it doesn't take into
account variables names/order and hence class reshape isn't supported.
- ReferenceStream supports cycles but still doesn't support class reshape.
- SmartRefStream supports cycles and class reshape.

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com