Hi Phillipe,

    what does ldd answer for the squeak vm?  The script is trying to work
out what default LD_LIBRARY_PATH to supply.  The choice is between
/lib/tls:/lib:/usr/lib/tls:/usr/lib and /lib:/usr/lib.  Older linuxes had
two versions of the pthreads library, an experimental one (now the default)
using thread-local storage (hence tls) and an older one, I think using the
stack pointer to identify the current thread.  The script uses ldd to find
out what the VM is linked against.  Here's the code:

# On some old linuxes there is a /lib/tls thread-local-storage version of
the C
# library which the VM may use and if so should take precedence over /lib
libc.
case `/usr/bin/ldd "$BIN/squeak" | /bin/fgrep /libc. | sed 's/^.*=> //'` in
/lib/tls/libc*) SVMLLP="/lib/tls:/lib:/usr/lib/tls:/usr/lib";;
/lib/libc*)             SVMLLP="/lib:/usr/lib";;
*)                              echo "can't infer base LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
Aborting." 1>&2;
                                exit 1
esac

--