Hi Stef,

We are in the new year now, so the arguments can begin :).

On 31 Dec 2011, at 23:33, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> I looked at it and

First, these seem to be a totally different set of arguments :). That is good.

>               I do not like the magic of the block and arguments

There really is little magic. In fact, it is about the same as the magic of
Morphic calling selectors with arguments.

>               and the scripting aspects
> Veronica showed me that she does not use long scripts.

I do not understand. You do not have to use long scripts unless you want them.
If you look in the current code of most browsers, you will see that most
methods are pretty small. So, this is not really an argument, either.

> Still I do not see how we extend browsers. We discussed that during the PhD
> meal at bern with lukas
> and I'm still not convinced.

I am not sure what you are referring to.

> Now if people want to load glamour perfect. Now I do not have any spare cycles
> to maintain it. My plate is full.

I do not understand. You do not have to maintain it. It is already maintained.

> For now I would like to have a good way to build and reuse Morphic widgets
> not to
> create another layer on top.

Sure. Go ahead. This is most welcome.

Please understand that this debate started because you said it's sad that Alex
would choose to work on top of Glamour for the Metacello browser. I simply
would like to understand why you think it's so. To me, there does not seem to
be a strong argument.

Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Every thing should have the right to be different."