From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Dimitry Golubovsky
[golubov...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2012 1:30 PM
To: pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: [Pharo-project] happy new year plus cogdroid news

Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Does an Archos 43 count as an Android device?  I bought it with plans that
> fell flat (the target moved, and the OS was a little disappointing).  That
> said, I have it and can
> help with testing.  I do not have a data plan for it, so my default usage is
> to copy packages to it via USB.

I think it counts, but AFAIK is has 4.3" screen, correct - sized more
like a phone? But technically you should be able to run CogDroid on it
given enough RAM is available (someone I remember tried it on a phone
with 128M RAM and that was not sufficient) 256M should be OK. If you
have wifi on the tablet you should be able to hook it up with a home
wifi router - only you need to have NAT enabled since Android browser
does not use HTTP proxy. Pharo can be configured to use a proxy though
so you can access Monticello repos also such way.

> It is hard to imagine developing on it, but I'm willing to be pleasantly
> surprised, and it would be nice to be able to deploy Pharo apps on hand-held
> devices.

You may develop on a PC and then transfer the image to the tablet. Or
load packages from Monticello repos as usual (with proxy or NAT).