Hi Dale!

Quite interesting. Good example for "declarative programming" is Mustache:

http://mustache.github.com/mustache.5.html

It generally makes cross platform programming easier! :-)

Have fun!

Guido Stepken

> Karl,
> I invite you to read Allen Wirfs-Brock's paper on "Declarative
Smalltalk"[1]
> Disclaimer: I worked with Allen Wirfs-Brock in the nineties (engineer on
the Team/V team) while he was developing his ideas for Declarative
Smalltalk, so I am somewhat biased in my thinking:)

> My opinion that being able to build images from scratch (easily and
reproducibly) is a "requirement" to get in the door  for mainstream
projects... giving mainstream developers the opportunity to work in a
image-based environment will set them free:)