Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:
Hello all,

I have a fair amount of code that I can't/don't dare release because it
involves intellectual property that I do not own, and access under
non-disclosure agreements (some of which are silly, but need to be respected
regardless).  None of that code it is relevant to you (unless you do heart
surgery at home), but I need to keep it separate from things like GSL, PLplot,
FFI tweaks, etc., that should interest the community.

In the past, I've saved to http repositories and been surprised at things
(fortunately, nothing toxic) that were released w/o my intent.   Squeak Source
long since lost the code in question, but it put a fear of MC in me.

Is there a way to use gofer or something else to send specific .mcz files that
I want to make available?   Some other tool?

Bill

I feel I've misread your question - but my first thought is that different packages can be stored in different Repository Types. So the heart surgery stuff would be saved to only local "directory" repositories while the more general stuff would be saved to the public "http" repositories.

More generally, an interesting feature would be being able to tag both packages and repositories with a license type (eg MIT, MyCommericalLicense, OtherCompanyNDA) and the system constrain you to saving packages in compatible repositories. As an extension, some ideas for tool support might be:
+ being able to strip "all non-MIT" code out of an image
+ using a different background colour when editing non-MIT code

cheers, ben