Another glitch: is there any problem passing things as void*?  I'm getting
failure to coerce errors that did not arise before.

From: pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr
[pharo-project-boun...@lists.gforge.inria.fr] on behalf of Igor Stasenko
[siguc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 5:51 PM
To: Pharo-project@lists.gforge.inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Pharo-project] FFI on 1.3: compile fields

On 1 March 2012 00:37, Schwab,Wilhelm K <bsch...@anest.ufl.edu> wrote:
> Does 1.3 by default not create field accessors?  Why is that?  I thought
> nothing was happening.

Good question, i'd like to know the answer too.
It is related to MC final 'installation' phase,
where it initializing all classes.

In NativeBoost i was also using

 noteCompilationOf: aSelector meta: isMeta
        "A hook allowing some classes to react to recompilation of certain
selectors"

but there was a big question, at which point this hook is triggered,
and looks like some changes in MC stop triggering it/triggering at
wrong time (not all methods get into a class/ class not initialized
etc),
which makes it not very useful.

So i ended up creating a DNU handler on instance side, then on DNU i
check if i have field accessors and if not,
compile them on the fly.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.