On Mar 31, 2012, at 6:43 PM, Fabrizio Perin wrote:

> Hi,
> I was coding in
> Pharo1.3
> Latest update: #13315

13315 is very old. The current version is 13327... and your problem sounds like
something we fixed a long time ago.

> By evaluating some tests again the emergency evaluator pop up (Pharo doesn't
> like me lately :) ).
> This time at least I figure that some elements i use in the tests do not
> print properly:
>
> <error in printString: evaluate "collection printString" to debug>
> so if you do
>
> Collection new printString.
>
> the image seems to hang the only was to stop it is to do command period.
>
> In 1.4 at least the debugger pops up telling that "do:"  should be
> implemented in a subclass. To make the image hang you should do

Collection is an abstract class and should not be instantiated.

> SequenceableCollection new printString.
>
> I don't know if those are suppose to be bugs or my inappropriate use of
> Collection and SequenceableCollection. I just reported.

SequencableCollection is an abstract class and should not be instantiated.

But that it freezes is strange, it should report an error as soon as a
subclassresponsibility is encounterd (like Collection)

        Marcus

--
Marcus Denker -- http://marcusdenker.de