On 5 May 2012 18:00, Eliot Miranda <eliot.mira...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, David, all
>>
>> i just want to know, if we can use FFI calls, for implementing an
>> OSProcessPlugin functionality (or at least most of it).
>> and if there parts which is hard to implement, i would like to know
>> what and why.
>

> Once we have the threaded FFI and the threaded VM then yes, because one can
> block one thread in a read without blocking the entire VM.  But without the
> threaded VM one needs asynchronous i/o.

yes, but nobody said, that i can't use non-blocking i/o.

the main advantage which i see for using FFI is being able to deal
with everything at language level.
so, bugs can be fixed quickly, things can be improved more easily etc etc..
and the main disadvantage is, of course, speed.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.