fstephany wrote

> What if you only need the bug fix in the Pharo version and not the
> Squeak one? The package becomes 1.3.1 in Squeak but is identical to
> 1.3.0. No big deal I guess...

Well, we're versioning the *project* i.e. the config, not the package, so I
don't think there's a conflict.

fstephany wrote

> My main concern at the moment is that a MetacelloConfig is always
> modifiable. It is tempting to fix a version that is already distributed
> and thus confuse everyone.

Yes, this would be a big problem and violates the spirit of Metacello. Just
as bad is the fact that Metacello configs are copied all over the place. Is
the ConfigurationOf that I download from SqS/projectName the same one as
SqS/MetacelloRepository the same as SqS/WhateverForPharo1.4... IMO it's
absolutely essential to have one master, and read-only copies everywhere
elsewhere.

fstephany wrote

> We can maybe imagine something à la Ruby gems?

That would be awesome!!! Metacello is sooo young and we've already had so
much progress. I'm sure that won't be far off...