Hi all,

The underlying problem with headless mode in OS X seem to be that we always
create a window, even when we run in the background, as we do in headless
mode*. Marking the process as background only will remove the icon, menu etc.
but it will not stop us from creating that window.

Maybe I don't know enough about how Squeak/Pharo works right now but it looks
like quite a lot of work to change this. And the code isn't pretty ;).

Anyway I'd like to keep working on this but I've hit a wall. I can handle the
Cocoa side but don't know anything about the VM's setup process etc. Could
someone clarify this? Or maybe there are some docs?

Also –

What do you guys think about building a headless VM without any of the UI stuff
in it?

It might be simpler/cleaner than what we have now.

All the best,

Mark

* Creating the window is almost the first thing we do!

We do it before we know if we're running headless…