On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <
marianop...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So if we now do:
>
>  'afileThatDoesntExist' asFileReference delete
>
> I get a PrimitiveFailed. If this is what we want, can I add:
>
> FileReference >> deleteIfExists
>
> self exists ifTrue: [ self delete]

So I discussed in IRC and Camillo and Sean recommended to use #ensureDelete
because it is concistent to ensureFile and ensureDirecotry etc...
for me #ensureDelete sounds the opposite to what this method does because I
am not ensuring anything, if fact, I won't remove anything if the file does
not exist.
Camilo also suggested to do

FileReference >> deleteIfExists

self deleteIfAbsent: [ ]

FileReference >> deleteIfAbsent: aBlock

self exists
      ifTrue: [self delete]
      ifFalse: [aBock value]

What do you think? which one do you like more?  #ensureDelete or
#deleteIfExists?
do you also agree to add the intermediate #deleteIfAbsent:  ?

Cheers