On 11.06.2012 20:38, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:
So if we now do:

 'afileThatDoesntExist' asFileReference delete

I get a PrimitiveFailed. If this is what we want, can I add:

FileReference >> deleteIfExists

self exists ifTrue: [ self delete]

or something like that? because lots of places (tearDown of tests) I want to remove crao which may or may not exist...

thanks

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Is there any specific reason why you need to use setUp/tearDown instead of a more restricted scope?

For scoped operations like tests, I always liked the XFileNamed: do: api, when you have references, how about:

aFileReference tempFileDo: [:fileStream :canonicalPath (culled) |]

Could be useful for command line interaction as well, I guess.

Cheers,
Henry