On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Guillermo Polito
<guillermopol...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Last days I was playing to replace the image startup/shutdown mechanism
> via a pragma subscription because I was pissed off with how difficult is to
> integrate the change of a new startup in the system. The idea is:
> - reduce the mess on subscription/unsubscription, initialization, etc
> - reduce dependencies of external packages in core packages.
>
> This way, if you want to subscribe a class side method to be executed on
> startup, you annotate it:
>
> SomeClass>>startUp: resuming
> <systemStartup: #application>
> self blahblah.
>
> SomeClass>>startUp: quitting
> <systemShutdown: #kernel>
> self blahblah.

You need before: and after:.  IMO, you also need to support multiple
befores or afters.  I think that's much better than a priority scheme.

Also, as I said in response to Igor's message, you can register when pragma
methds are added/removed, rather than looking for methods when
initialization/shutdown is run.

--
best,
Eliot