Cami,

Despite not being able to load your working version in Pharo-1.4 I am making
progress:). I've created a Grease-like layer for FileTree that papers over the
differences between FileDirectory and FileSystem (there is no common protocol
between the two at all:)...

I am now porting the FileSystemDirectoryEntry/DirectoryEntry code and it would
be _extremely convenient_ if FileSystemDirectoryEntry were more compatible with
DirectoryEntry. In my case the two methods: #name and #readStreamDo: would save
me a ton of work.

I can add them as extension methods for FileTree (and will for the time being).
#readStreamDo: is just plain missing and #name is an obvious concession to
portability...

Let me know whether you think these two method will be included in Pharo-2.0 or
not.

Dale