On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> (a bit orthogonal)
> i don't understand why we cannot have own, consistent set which is good
> for us?
> vim, emacs..

better use sets which are already extremely familiar than invent yet
another set.  to those of us who use these editors (and we are legion)
these sets have long become almost subconscious to use.

why this is so important ? Those editors were not written for editing
> smalltalk code in mind..
> they are best suited for big, hundreds lines of code, files..

they're the two most popular editors of their type.  lots of people use
them for other languages without IDE support.  They provide convenient
power features such as pattern replacement.  Not often I find myself filing
out Smalltalk code and editing it with vim (sadly I've never learned emacs).

--
best,
Eliot