In another application, I do have this thing that helps in rescaling
(the class is a XXXView)

                // Enable retina display
                if( CFG_IOS_RETINA_ENABLED ){
                        if( [self
respondsToSelector:@selector(contentScaleFactor)] ){
                                float scaleFactor=[[UIScreen mainScreen] scale];
                                [self setContentScaleFactor:scaleFactor];
                        }
                }

This is a quickfix that will look ugly but... worth trying.

Add that into the SqueakUIView.m file inside this:

- (id)initWithFrame:(CGRect) aFrame {
        self = [super initWithFrame: aFrame];
        self.autoresizingMask =
UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleRightMargin|UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleBottomMargin|UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleHeight|UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleWidth;
        colorspace = CGColorSpaceCreateDeviceRGB();
        return self;
}

I suspect that self.autoresizingMask is the culprit...

Hope it helps.

Phil