On Nov 10, 2012, at 9:41 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 10 Nov 2012, at 21:33, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:
>
>>> 3. Lets discuss how we want to describe the content "in-image"
>>>  for "serving on the web". Maybe with a "Markup to HTML translator"
>>>  - or a "WikiStyle to HTML" like help
>>
>> I want to use the pier syntax because I know that I can generate the correct
>> latex
>> with it for the books, and of course any kind of html and other formats.
>
> I vote for Markdown, it is more like a defacto standard.

I prefer pier since I can convert all the book macros (and I cannot do that in
markdown).
I'm spending so much time writing that at least I want the result to look more
than a bad documentation.

> And you can convert Markdown into anything, there exit tons of tools for it.
>
> Remember that I sent you my Zinc & Zodiac docs converted to Latex ? Were they
> no good ?

It depends at which level.
Can you tag on word in markdown to have bold, italic, index?
If I would not have written 350 pages of seaside book with pier it would be a
different story but
so far pier syntax is good for doing everything: html, latex, even markdown.