Norbert wrote:
>To be honest I have problems understanding why method categorization is so
>important. Often I don't care a single bit about categories because I don't
>understand them. I often categorize just to >make lint happy :)
>What is the use? Declaring usage patterns? Declaring visibility? Use as method
>extensions marker? anything you like just classify? I can understand that it
>can help making the access of certain >methods of a class easier. But that is
>particular true for classes with a lot of methods. Most of the classes are
>rather small. In most of my own developments I would consider most huge
>classes a >design problem in my code. So I would try to fix that.
>And finally it is not easy to learn about them because the browser is not
>helping. If you browse through the methods of a class the category pane
>doesn't get updated. So even if I want to learn by >getting used to them it is
>hard.
>
>I would make the none categorized term weaker by naming it "uncategorizied" so
>at least I have the change to deliberately not categorizing my methods without
>being annoyed by someones >opinion about what is essential.

Ok, that's fair. It is no real problem when all methods are visible in the
class browser. When ignoring classes with <=10 methods, the results are :

By package

Polymorph-Widgets       988
Polymorph-Widgets-Windows       516
Polymorph-Tools-Diff    258
Monticello-Repositories 176
NativeBoost-Core-Objects        52
FreeTypeTests-cache     52
Monticello-Versioning   52
AST-Core-Visitors       48
Graphics-Fonts  42
Balloon-Fills   40
Polymorph-Widgets-Themes        39
Morphic-MorphTreeWidget-Examples        36
Monticello-Storing      34
Morphic-Text Support    32
NOCompletion-Model      30
Collections-Streams     30
Monticello-Modeling     26
Morphic-MorphTreeWidget 26
MonticelloGUI   25
Text-Core       22
Morphic-Borders 22
Morphic-Explorer        20
NativeBoost-Tests       19
Tests-Traits    18
NativeBoost-Core-Types  16
Keymapping-Tests        15
Keymapping-Shortcuts    14
NativeBoost-Core        14
Files-Kernel    14
CollectionsTests-Strings        12
CompilerTests   12
CollectionsTests-Arrayed        12
CollectionsTests-Sequenceable   12
Morphic-Menus   10
Traits-Kernel   10
AsmJit-StackManagement  9
UnclassifiedMethods     9
Morphic-Pluggable Widgets       8
Morphic-Basic   8
KernelTests-Methods     6
Tools-Explorer  6
Monticello-Patching     6
SUnit-Core-Kernel       6
Spec-Widgets    6
KernelTests-Chronology  6
ScriptLoader20  5
NativeBoost-Win32       4
FreeType-FontManager    4
NativeBoost-Core-FFI    4
NativeBoost-Core-Heap   4
Tools-Base      2
Spec-Bindings   2
Morphic-Support 2
Tools-Inspector 2
KernelTests-Numbers     2
FileSystem-Core-Kernel  2
MenuRegistration-Core   2
Kernel-Classes  2
CollectionsTests-Unordered      2
FileSystem-Core-Public  2
Graphics-Display Objects        2
RPackage-Tests  2
Spec-Core       2
Morphic-Worlds  2
FuelTests       1
Refactoring-Tests-Critics       1
FileSystem-Disk 1
Ring-Tests-Kernel       1
UIManager       1

By author

gvc     1307
GaryChambers    195
        186
AlainPlantec    123
CamilloBruni    89
stephaneducasse 78
SeanDeNigris    72
avi     69
IgorStasenko    61
tween   52
MarcusDenker    50
GuillermoPolito 41
StephaneDucasse 39
Igor.Stasenko   39
ab      38
BenjaminVanRyseghem     32
FernandoOlivero 29
alain.plantec   27
RAA     26
nice    25
tk      24
EstebanLorenzano        23
rr      20
di      18
JMM     16
yo      14
PavelKrivanek   12
marcus.denker   12
sd      12
dvf     10
SvenVanCaekenberghe     10
HenrikSperreJohansen    9
bf      9
nk      8
ar      8
StephanEggermont        8
MarianoMartinezPeck     7
jrd     6
GastonDallOglio 6
noha    6
stephane.ducasse        5
TestRunner      4
bkv     4
DamienCassou    4
lr      3
LukasRenggli    2
abc     2
ls      2
ASB     2
cipt    2
th      2
damienpollet    2
ul      2
NorbertHartl    2
cwp     2
dgd     2
GabrielOmarCotelli      2
al      2
mas     2
AlexandreBergel 2
SJCE    1
DeboraFortini   1

The code I wrote is quick and dirty. Didn't think about class side & traits.

Stephan