On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 1) CI builds names is not the same than app names.
> 2) The "official" pharo vm (the NB Cog JIT), should be named just "Pharo",
> because that is what users will see in his dock bar.
> 3) The stack VM is not a debug vm is just a VM who uses a
> stack-to-register approach. I would call it PharoS or something that simple.

No.  The StackVM is a VM that optimizes interpreted execution by mapping
contexts to stack frames and lazily instantiating contexts, but is still a
pure interpreter.  The Cog VM is a VM that optimizes execution by mapping
contexts to stack frames and lazily instantiating contexts, /and/ by
compiling methods used more than once to machine-code and implementing a
number of send optimization schemes in that machine-code.

4) RizelVM is not a regularly distributed VM, so it should not be in pharo,

--
best,
Eliot