On 01/04/13 10:51 AM, roberto.minelli-bhdirlqp...@public.gmane.org wrote:

For me the entire "behavior" of obsolete classes is obscure and I
don't know how those classes are originated.

They arise when you delete a class, but you still have references to the class in the image. You could have instances of the deleted class, references to the class in a method, or even subclasses that refer the the deleted class.

More important, I also don't know how to eliminate them.

Make sure there are no dangling references, before you delete the class.

Another possibility depends on whether the "obsolete" class has a non-obsolete equivalent if the image where you're de-materializing the Fuel file. If there is no equivalent class, but you still want to materialize the Fuel file there, you can set up a mapping to map the object to some other class (e.g. ClassThatWasDeleted class or even just used Object class). The object will be materialized, but probably most of it's instance variable values will be thrown away. This may or may not be the behaviour you want though.