shouldn't be better to use the newer paulepulpe or something like that
done by Santiago Bragañolo? I guess he did not write it from scratch
just because....

Personally I found Toothpick complicated back when I created SimpleLog.

I also felt that playing nice with the outside world was important when it comes to logging so SimpleLog reuses the syslog levels standard and has a UDP emitter into syslog as an option.

And a friend added a Morphic UI with filtering etc, very nice during development!

regards, Göran