Hi Esteban,

On 13 Apr 2013, at 15:34, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having an error while trying to execute (latest 2.0 image & vm,
> downloaded with zeroconf):
>
> ZnClient new get:
> 'https://api.eveonline.com/eve/CharacterInfo.xml.aspx?characterID=90628525'
>
> in a Windows machine (both XP and  W7)
>
> the error is "connection closed".
>
> Is weird because all Zodiac tests pass, and also the same request works in
> Mac and Linux.
>
> cheers,
> Esteban

That is weird indeed, works for me as well, it is a pretty simple request,
chunked response with connection close.
I will try myself of windows when my kids get off their computer.

Can you give a stack trace ?

You might try to patch SocketStream>>#next:

'From Pharo2.0 of 7 March 2013 [Latest update: #20593] on 13 April 2013 at
4:11:25 pm'!

!SocketStream methodsFor: 'stream in' stamp: 'SvenVanCaekenberghe 3/22/2013
16:09'!
next: anInteger
        "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
        If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read,
        return a smaller collection and don't signal ConnectionClosed."

        ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: anInteger)! !

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu